Monday, August 1, 2011

A Month in Numbers: July 2011

I forgot to write everything down again! And, by the time I get access to the computer, I am usually too lazy to write anything on here as I  cant always think so late in the day. Luckily, the boss bought a couple of new games for his PS3 at the weekend (Top Spin 4 and Masters Golf) which means he does not require internet access. This means I dont hear...'the game has slowed down Jayne, get off the computer.'
So, on this lovely Bank Holiday Monday yes, the sun is trying its hardest to show her head, it is just a cruel lie that she never visits Ireland lol I am sitting in the kitchen, with unlimited internet access...yay..with the calming sounds of the washing machine (!) and  an avatar version of the boss hitting a golf ball into the water (!!!!!) as my soundtrack.....maybe I should turn the stereo on!

Anyway, back to the game in hand.....my month in numbers.
Which must start off with these 4 lovelies......

..my gorgeous nieces and nephews.

I went home for a week to visit them and the sister and uncle of course....... and the camera was out in full force as is usual.  The picture above is my attempt to get a good one of them all together but as you can see, the boys were just not interested in the slightest! And #2 who was 8 last week...happy birthday :) did try her best to get them all to play ball ....


They are great kids but honestly, I don't know how my sister does it.  They have my head torn in a day vying for attention and while I know they don't see me very often which explains the desire to fight over me I love it really.....so nice to feel wanted lol the patience of a Saint does not give her enough credit. 

I had a great time though and proceeded to really test out my new IPhones capabililty in the camera department......180 pictures and 5 videos later, consider it well and truly tested :)
And, I love it.  My poor old Sony 5.1 is weeping at the lack of interest I had in it over the week. But, in my defence, it was so much easier to just pull the phone out, especially since my family still roll their eyes everytime I get click happy.
And, it only took me 3 days to remember to move my finger before I clicked lol

ok, this was on the 5th day but sssshhhhh.....

The other reason I was at home? 3 Thetford Forest gigs.
For all that I was born and raised there, I have never been to Thetford Forest. My uncle has been a regular visitor to the gigs for the last couple of years, and since he always comes with me to the Stitch and Craft shows, I gave it a miss this year :( and said I would go to the July gigs with him.

Can you see who they are?
 4 members of The Script on Thursday

 4 members of Westlife


1 Bryan Ferry.

All were brilliant...although we did find it amusing that I travelled so far to see 2 bands who live down the road from me lol although the biggest surprise for me were Westlife.  Now, I like my boy bands ....Take That anyone??? but could give or take the Sligo boys to be honest, as nice as they seemed.  But, on the night, they were brilliant.  Great sense of humour, great voices, great interaction with the crowd. I am now totally converted !

I travelled by boat to get home...the con to not sorting out my passprt yet...but really, €160 through the embassy here, when I can go up the north and get it for app €100 and get it sent to my sisters....! and it is not a bad way to travel, just long...13 hours roughly door to door.....so basically, a shift to me! But it gets to be a pain when the trains don't put on enough carriages when I am Britsh side and, again, this happened from Chester to Holyhead. They cut the train from about 8 carriages to 4....I think....all I know is that nearly everyone was going  to Holyhead and it meant 40-60 minutes stuck in a Virgin train corridor.  Now, don't get me wrong, the people I was crammed in with were great fun and it made the journey easier, but this happens nearly everytime I travel and you would think train companies would learn  by now. Especially in the summer months! O well.......!

Right, have just looked at the preview and for some reason my colours are not consistent. I am sure I can figure it out, but since I  want to catch up on Explore, I will post and have a look later.  So, I hope the constant colour change doesn't make you too seasick!

EDIT  *forgot to mention, you can find link for where all this started to the right....it will lead you to the lovely Julie who is also running Going Postal month which is worth a look :)*

1 comment:

  1. Glad you grabbed some free internet time and managed to play along with Month in Numbers! Thanks for joining in.

    I don't envy that boat + train trip though!

    I'll add a link to your post into mine now.

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete