Thursday, October 13, 2011

From Bag to Book


I finished my 'bag book' today.  Or I should say my 'sickbag book'.  You see, the boss opened my mail on Monday and promptly asked me why someone had sent me a load of sickbags. Ha ha, poor man.  He won't come in to the spare room anymore.  He swears I have turned it into a rubbish tip.  But here is the proof that all things can be made pretty :)

Ok, when I say pretty, this book can definately be improved.  I am not saying it is awful but there are some things that I would definately change. 

But lets see what I did first before I moan  evaluate later
I used Papermania 6x6 Creative Tones pads which I have had in my stash for years.  I chose Amethyst Infusion well, I thought I would join the purple party here and Ivory Black.   

I was originally going to use rings but I accidentally stuck all the bags together.  I quite like it though.  Plus, it suited my original idea of writing some journalling in the flap just underneath the gusset pages.  I abandoned that idea in the end but it is logged for future use.
 Back and Front

 


I couldn't upload all the pictures...damn Blogger!! However, these give you the gist I think. Very little embellishment and in the end, no journalling.  I have left the ends open because I plan to use the book to store memories of my brother that I can scrap at a later date.  To be honest, I had started journalling but it got a bit much and I liked the idea of having pictures to flick through.  I have made many books and boxes of my brother for the rest of the family you see, but never for me.

 Sians instructions were easy to follow, especially once I had the bags in front of me.  I couldn't figure out the gusset thing before that.  However, next time. I will use thicker paper as I think that will make the pages a bit more sturdy.  I will also not try to cut the papers to the size of the bags when they are stuck down.  They are a little wonky! Other than that, I will be harrassing everyone for paper bags....large or small because it was fun to do.



2 comments:

  1. Fast work! I'm so glad you are pleased enough with it to think about making some more..I'm thinking it might be a nice way for a Christmas album, especially with the open pockets for stuffing things in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely :) I tried making a paperbag book once and it didn't work! Very impressed with yours :)

    ReplyDelete