Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Starting Points and Rainbows



As usual, the weather over here is shocking.  Good for locking myself in the spare room for a bit of scrapping though.  But, imagine my delight when I looked up from the desk to see the beauty above.
I love rainbows and never seem to get my camera out quick enough when I see them.  Well, I can tell you, I practically fell down the stairs in a desperate rush to get into the garden before it disappeared.
The photo is taken with my 16MP app on my phone but I reckon it derserves a bit of editing later to bring it up to its full glory.
I have made my wish and tonight, we will see if a rainbow really does have a pot of gold at the bottom lol


Anyway, once my excitement had died down, I cracked on with the project in hand....yep, I am finally doing rather than *thinking about* Shimelles Starting Point Challenge



Above is my interpretation of it.  The papers are My Minds Eye (Lime Twist) and Sassafras, the stickers are Sassafras and the ribbon is recycled. Not sure from what though!
Most of what I used on this LO comes from various Studio Calico kits.  I have an awful habit of seperating them as soon as they arrive.  Probably because I like to put things away in their correct places once I have stroked them (!) but I feel that defeats the purpose somewhat!!



And, here is the finished product.  The letter stickers are Mistables and I just coloured them slightly with Jenni Bowlin Chicken Feed ink.  I also used that and Distress Inks Wild Honey to colour the Papermania tag I used for the journalling.  The flowers were lying around in my stash for a  while and the tags on the photo are Elles Studio (well, one pennant cut in half). The 'jewels' are old stash and I misted a bit of Mister Hueys Hot Dog so that 'Strike' would stand out a bit more.

The photos are of my Nans when they were younger. I recently scanned a bunch of photos that I managed to 'borrow' from each side of the family and I liked the fact that these two were so similar even though they are taken at different times in opposite ends of the country. I can't wait to use the  rest of them :)

Hopefully, tomorrow I will finish the paper bag album that I started today using the bags kindly sent to me by Sian.  I just have to get over the idea that it has to look perfect....damn Virgoan traits!!!

Here's hoping I am graced with another rainbow as well :)


3 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the rainbow - I usually see them while driving, no chance of getting a photo!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I try and put photos in every post (at the moment, there's lots of links to pinterest:), so I'm not sure why they're not showing up for you. Does it happen if you click on the post to be taken to the page (instead of in a reader?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really struck by those two photos coming from different sources - well worth making a layout about!

    Re bags - I put in extra so you are allowed to make mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jayne..have popped over from Shimelle's blog..your LO really caught my eye! Amazing that the two pics are so similar!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete