Saturday, February 4, 2012

Scrapbook Saturday

Stacey at Havoc and Mayhem is running a Scrapbook Saturday and I couldn't resist playing along after the 2 LOs I made yesterday, which I am quite proud of.

The first is this one:

 I have a load of pictures of me, my uncle and #1 when we went to the DR Who exhibition a few years ago and I really want to scrap them in a TARDIS album or something similar.  Yesterday, I finally had my first go at seeing how good my TARDIS making skills were. 

It is 8ish" x11and is mainly paper piecing of cardstock.  I sketched the boxes freehand (can you tell that not all the windows are the same size!?) and inked round the edges for emphasis.  The writing was done in white Insignio pen.

I am not sure if I will go this size but I am happy with my ability to get the basic look and so can work from there.  I can see lots of TARDIS shaped scrapping in the future :)

The second LO:

is again 8ish x11 and was a result of the 2peas CHA challenges. I took the picture a couple of years ago when I was learning how to use my (now emigrated to England :() camera.  The 'title' was written on Fabrips which I cut into strips. (It is a quote from Gladstone that was in one of the tea boxes.  If you can't read it and want to know what it says, let me know in the comments and I will edit this post accordingly).

The rest of the LO came from a mixture of Studio Calico kits, although I do know that the main paper is Basic Grey.  The embellishment was made using a couple of Papermania chipboard pieces, a heart that #2 had 'Big Shotted' over Christmas (I have loads of them), a few buttons and some Glossy Accent.

I quite liked working at this size and will definately do so again.  My only problem now is that I have to get something to keep them in!!!




3 comments:

  1. Yes, that's the problem with A4 - though a soural binder comes in handy. You're a dab hand at the tardis shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Blogger lets me comment this time....lovely LOs-well done on the Tardis!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey how u doing? I'm Michellek from IG! Catch up with ur fabby blog soon!

    ReplyDelete