Sunday, September 25, 2011

Where did the month go...?

I know I am not a prolific blogger but ..wow...September is moving fast.  I didn't realise I hadn't posted for that long!!! That means it's that long since I stuck paper and glue together ...no wonder I have been agitated.  There has not even been any needle pushing through aida!!!!! OMG..what is wrong with me?!!!!

Don't worry, nothing serious.  Just work, training and a non existent sleep pattern last week.  But, I have slept my usual 5 hours for the last 2 nights so I feel half Klingon and I had a whole day off with nothing to do (thanks to the boss cleaning the house on Friday...did I ever tell you how lovely he is???!) so my crafting genie came back to me today.  :)


This was the genies first output of the day.  It had been sitting on my desk half done for the last 3 weeks so all that was added were the embellishments, journalling and attempts at blending Distress Inks on the edges.  I based this LO loosely on Shimelles starting point challenge here but used it as a sketch rather than what I was supposed to :)  I liked how the pictures were so similar and to me showed how close my sister and brother were.  Most of the stash is Studio Calico ...Boardwalk kit I think but I have a habit of mixing them up so can't be sure!  The tags are Papermania, distresssed with Distress ink and the twine from them is inked and put around the panel.  The flowers and doily were from a swop I did on the Docrafts forum. 

The blending then gave me an idea for a leaving card I had to make for my boss ...





Using the offcuts from the LO and a few odds and ends.

A good day I think :)  I did manage to do something else but I will put that up in the week when I work out how to make photos smaller!!

No comments:

Post a Comment